Digital Service Squad – NEW posted May 28, 2020
In response to challenges facing area businesses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the County of Simcoe is providing $60,000 in funding towards a unique program to help local businesses adapt their sales models to meet the needs of the ever-changing online consumer world.
A team of highly trained professionals will work with businesses to gain a basic web presence or enhance their existing web presence by activating free and easy to use tools such as Shopify, Google My Business and social media. To sign up, contact the Barrie, Simcoe County and Orillia Small Business Enterprise Centre at 705-720-2445 or email@example.com.
The CDC provides counselling, training & funding to local businesses to support job creation, growth and innovation. They work with many community partners on various community economic development projects to build an economy in Ontario’s Lake Country that is prosperous, growing and sustainable. They serve the City of Orillia, Townships of Oro-Medonte, Ramara, Severn, and the Chippewas of Rama First Nation and are the area’s go-to for Covid_19 business support.
The City of Orillia is taking steps to assist Orillia citizens, businesses, and community organizations who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Establish an emergency fund of $100,000 to be distributed to critical lead service providers on an as-needed basis, to be determined and administered through a review process of a review panel consisting of the Mayor/Coun. Lauer, the Chief Administrative Officer and City Treasurer.
- Establish an Economic Recovery Task Force to work with local businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic and to plan and develop measures to help the local economy recover moving forward.
- Waive Orillia Transit fees until April 30,2020. (read more about changes to Transit Service).
- Waive tax penalty through to June 30, 2020. Includes both residential and businesses.
- Waive water and sewer penalty through to June 30, 2020. Includes both residential and businesses.
- Waive parking fees through to April 30, 2020.
- Defer implementation of the Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT) from April 6, 2020 to Sept. 1, 2020.
- Defer the second annual intake of the Downtown Tomorrow Community Improvement Plan (DTCIP) from the last day of April to the last day of June, 2020.